stine won World Cup moguls gold, whil

Apportez votre pierre à l'édifice en nous proposant vos idées.

stine won World Cup moguls gold, whil

Messagepar lw789 » Jeu 9 Aoû 2018 10:46

ROME -- Novak Djokovic is going to the French Open with a big clay-court victory in his pocket. And a heavy heart. Djokovic extended his recent dominance over Rafael Nadal by rallying for a 4-6, 6-3, 6-3 victory Sunday to win the Italian Open for the third time -- then dedicated the title to his flood-hit native Serbia by carving a heart on the clay with his racket. "This heart on the court is for you," he told the fans in Italian during the victory celebration. "Its also a special dedication to my country, which is suffering a lot right now. My heart is with them." In the womens final, Serena Williams kept the crowd from being a factor in a 6-3, 6-0 victory over 10th-seeded home favourite Sara Errani to win her third Rome title. Errani was bidding to become the first Italian to win the tournament in nearly 30 years but the top-ranked Williams quickly took control in both sets and Errani was slowed by a left thigh problem. Williams had a left thigh problem herself last week that prompted her to withdraw before her quarterfinal match at the Madrid Open but now she appears back on track for the French, which starts next Sunday. "Im not 100 per cent but Im just kind of going on adrenaline," the top-ranked American said. Djokovic found his motivation from a different source. Authorities say 25 people have died in the Balkans because of the worst flooding in a century after three months worth of rain fell on the region in three days this week. Tens of thousands of homes were left without electricity or drinking water. "Im trying to contribute in my own way," Djokovic said. "These are very critical times for our country and our people. But were being united and this win and this trophy is dedicated to them." Having also been beaten in Monte Carlo and Barcelona recently, it marked the first time in a decade that the top-ranked Nadal has lost more than two matches on clay in the same year. Nadal was pushed to three sets in four out of his five matches here. "When he hit the first ball good a lot of times it was very difficult to arrive to the ball and change the dynamic of the point," Nadal said. "I didnt have enough energy to hit the first shot with the right intensity." The second-ranked Djokovic has now won four straight matches against Nadal -- the previous three in straight sets -- and takes the psychological edge to Paris. "It gives me a lot of confidence winning against Rafa in the finals of a big tournament on clay," he said. "Its definitely a confidence booster. Its an ultimate challenge and Im very happy with my game so far and hopefully I can carry that into Roland Garros." The French Open is the only Grand Slam that Djokovic has yet to win, with his best result a runner-up finish in 2012. Nadal has won the tournament eight times. Djokovic was able to dictate play by stepping inside the baseline. "I tried to be aggressive from the start to the end," said Djokovic, whose other Rome titles came in 2008 and 2011. "I know that the only way to win against him is to be aggressive." Earlier, Errani left the court for an injury timeout while trailing 5-3 in the opening set and came back with her thigh bandaged. On the final point before she left the court, Errani pulled up and let a shot from Williams pass by her without even attempting to get to it. "Im sorry. You were unbelievable all week," Errani told fans during the victory ceremony, as she brushed back tears. "I tried to do my best and stayed on the court only for you." Williams other Rome titles came in 2002 and last year -- and she went on to win the French Open on both occasions. "Im also sorry for Sara today," Williams told the crowd in Italian. "She really played great all week." Organizers attempted to whip up patriotic fervour by having the Italian anthem sung before the players walked out onto the court, and fans continuously chanted "Sara, Sara" to try and encourage Errani in an atmosphere that more resembled a Davis Cup or Fed Cup setting. But Williams jumped out to a 3-0 lead and while Errani had a few chances to get back into the first set, Williams overpowered the Italian with her serve -- she had seven aces to Erranis none -- and overall attacking game. Still, Errani could console herself by becoming the first Italian finalist in the tournament since Raffaella Reggi took the 1985 title in Taranto. Toronto Raptors Jerseys . Hamilton signed offensive linemen Mike Filer, Joel Reinders, Landon Rice and Carson Rockhill. Tracy Mcgrady Jersey .Jeff Green, playing in his second preseason game after missing the first four because of a calf strain, had 18 points. The Celtics (3-3) shot 47.2 per cent from the floor and made 15 of 37 3-point attempts. http://www.nbaraptorsonline.com/Authent ... Jersey/.35 million, avoiding arbitration. Davis led the majors last season with 53 home runs and 138 RBIs, both career highs. He earned $3. Custom Toronto Raptors Jerseys . Three pitches later, he was hugging Mike Napoli at home plate after his teammates winning home run. Napoli and Ortiz hit consecutive homers with one out in the 10th inning and the Boston Red Sox rallied past Minnesota 2-1 Wednesday, sending the Twins to their fifth straight loss. DeMar DeRozan Jersey . The English Football Association had charged the German right back with violent conduct after retrospectively reviewing video evidence of an incident that was missed by match officials at Craven Cottage on Saturday.VOSS, Norway -- Canadas Dufour-Lapointe sisters are making a habit of sharing the medal podium. Justine Dufour-Lapointe won moguls gold at a freestyle skiing World Cup on Saturday, while older sister Chloe captured the silver. "Its great, Im just so proud of my sisters, and Im just so happy we can all share that together," Justine said. "Its been an amazing experience just to travel the world but also compete with each other at this level. Its super great. I couldnt ask for more right now." Third sister Maxime finished 11th. Justine Dufour-Lapointe, 19, and 22-year-old sister Chloe, finished in the same order to claim gold and silver at last months Sochi Olympics, and the image of the Montreal siblings holding hands before stepping onto the medal podium is one of the most enduring images of the Games. Saturday, Justine scored 24.85 points for the victory while Chloe claimed the silver with 24.52. American Hannah Kearney won the bronze. Canadas two-time Olympic mens moguls champion Alex Bilodeau won silver in the mens event. Justine and Chloe battled rough conditions with hard snow and changing weather en route to the podium. "It was not an easy day for anyone, but really every run Ive done I upgraded a little bit more and Im really stoked and happy and I just stuck to my plan and managed to win so its great," Justine said. "And being again on the podium with Chloe, its even better. Also I get back the yellow (leaders) bib and the race right now is so tight with me and Hannah, so its really cool actually. I love it." Justine Dufour-Lapointe leads in the overall womens standings with 665 points, followed by Kearney (650) and Chloe Dufour-Lapointe (381). "Of course Im going to fight until the end to win (the overall title)," Justine said. "Itts in my hand right now, I just have to ski well and hit the last World Cup (next weekend) and try to do my best so of course I want to have it.dddddddddddd" Two weeks ago in Japan, Justine won World Cup moguls gold, while sister Maxime won the bronze. Chloe took a much-needed week off after that competition and said it paid off Saturday. "After the Games, we went to Japan and for me it was hard, mentally and physically, I needed to rest a bit," she said. "So a week off was great for me. . . this week I was fresh and excited to ski." The sisters are looking forward to finally returning home after next weekend, although the Olympic stars known theyll be in high demand. "Im pretty excited, I cant wait," Justine Dufour-Lapointe said. "I know that it will be a really crazy hurricane thats going to hit us, but actually Im trying to enjoy the free time and after that I will be ready for the hurricane." Russias Alexandr Myshlyaev, bronze medallist in Sochi, won Saturdays mens gold with 25.51 points, ahead of Montreals Bilodeau, and Patrick Deneed of the United States. "I felt I had a great take-off, jump and landing," Bilodeau said. "Im not sure what else I could have done. But Im just going to focus on (Sunday) and the Crystal Globe." Mikael Kingsbury of Deux-Montagnes, Que., has a 710-point lead in the overall standings, followed by his Bilodeau (699) and Deneed (382). Audrey Robichaud of Quebec City was fifth in the womens event Saturday, while Christel Hamel of Montreal was 12th and Andi Naude of Penticton, B.C., 16th. On the mens side, Simon Pouliot-Cavanagh of Quebec City was seventh, Simon Lemieux of Repentigny, Que., ninth, Marc-Antoine Gagnon of Terrebonne, Que., 12th and Pascal-Olivier Gagne of Montreal, 26th. Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jersey Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap New York Giants Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys ' ' '
lw789

Retourner vers Proposition diverses